Somatic Movement Education
I currently work with clients in the age ranges of 20's to 80's. Common threads among my clients are: seeking alternative ways of being active, addressing areas of pain/discomfort, and engaging with life from a place of discovery and with a holistic perspective.
Developing one’s intuition and self-agency, supported by scientific understanding, is a primary aspect of our sessions as we engage in somatic (“of the living body”) explorations.
Movement research and multi-disciplinary arts
Cultivating Living Forms (process and support) for relationship, self-care, dynamic movement and creative expression.
Living Forms— a series of one-with-one courses (6 week to 12 month), small group workshops, week-long retreats and collaborative projects that have been developed and implemented in various environments over several years.
Please contact me directly for a list of courses, workshops, and retreat offerings.
My degrees, certifications and experience span almost 20 years and are underpinned by a Masters Degree in Dance and Somatic Well-Being.
Master’s Degree in Dance & Somatic WellBeing
University of Central Lancashire, England
New York City extension programme
Registered Somatic Movement Educator with ISMETA
(International Somatic Movement, Education and Therapy Association)
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Advanced Anatomy & Kinesiology
- Advanced Stretching
- Post-Surgery Rehabilitation
- Prenatal/Postpartum Certified
- Lifestyle and Nutritional Counseling
- Professional Dancer/Choreographer/Master Teacher
- Perceptual expansion within already established structures of moving and relating
- Visioning and organization
- Moving Meditations
- Formlessness-In-Form: the process is the product
- Embodiment inquiries: words, meaning and movement
- Overall health/wellbeing perspectives and structures